Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan is one of the largest digital programmes in the world.HIGHLIGHTS
- Under the scheme 6 crore rural households are to be trained as ‘DIGITAL LITERATE’
- Under the scheme 25 lakhs candidates will be trained in the FY 2016-17, progressively increasing over the years to 300 lakh candidates in the FY 2018-2019
- The digitally trained personnel would be able to operate computers & other digital devices like Smart phones & tablets, send & receive emails, browse internet access Government services, search for information and undertake Cashless transactions. Also operate Aadhar Enabled Payment System (AEPS)
- for Degree (B. Voc)/ Diploma
- Approved by UGC/ AICTE of
- Tata Institute of Social Science
Making one person in every family digitally literate
APPRECIATION OF DIGITAL LITERACY
To make a person digitally literate so that he/she can oprate digital devices, send- receive emails & browse internet for information & understand digital payments etc.
Nominated digitally literate person from every eligible rural household
AGE :14 to 60 years
COURSE DURATION : 20 hours (Minimum 10 days and Maximum 30 days)
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTIONS : Official language of India
FEE : NIL
PLACE OF LEARNING
The eligible household can nominate one person from their family. The selected person to get themselves enrolled under this programme in a nearest Training Centre
Rs. 75000 per Panchayat on successful completion of 20 hours training of 250 candidates in every Panchayat
WHAT IS PMKVY?
Approved for another four years (2016-2020) to benefit 10 million youth Allocated Budget 12,000 Crores Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Tata Institute of Social ScienceOpen a Training Hub
Are you willing to be a TATA - Training Hub?
What is Training Hub?
Work integrated training program (WITP) is where students learn the skill by engaging in on-the-job training at real shop floor of the industry/company. For effective delivery of this model, TATA is leveraging on the expertise of a partner that will be provided classroom-based training and the center will be known as a training hub.
What is SKPs in TISS SVE, Work Integrated training partnership (WITP) model ?
Furthermore, there will be an execution partner who provide on- the- job- training. They are called skill knowledge partners (skps) and could include hospitals/industries/companies. Hence, with the hub and spoke model, students will be placed in the skps for on-the-job training while classroom theoretical training will be given by the training hub.
The training hub and SKPs appointments to be verified and shall be in direct agreement through TISS.
What are the pre-requisites to Training Hub?
In order to become a TISS recognized Training Hub, a center needs to have following minimal infrastructure and stationary requirements:
- Two classrooms with a seating capacity of minimum 25 students each.
- Chair, Desk, White Board, Computers, Printer, Scanner and good Internet Connection.
What are the roles of a Training Hub?
The training hub shall enter into a direct agreement with Tata Institute of Social Sciences. The role of the training hub would be –
- Schedule a course depending on local industry needs.
- Mobilize students for the course (registration & fee collection)
- Identify trainers (To be approved by TISS)
- Provide the training infrastructure for conducting theory training.
- Identify Skill Knowledge Providers (Industry partners) to provide internship opportunity to students. Compulsory for Diploma & degree courses.
- Facilitate conduct of certification exam (exam will be conducted by TISS).
Great opportunity to become a Direct affiliate Partner with Tata Institute of Social Science TISS, UGC and AICTE approved Organization / Institution